Becoming a Member
HTMC does more than just hike and camp. While HTMC is primarily interested in hiking, clubhouse activities provide you opportunities to meet and enjoy other members in a social setting. Our Waimanalo Clubhouse is less than a block from the beach. We have facilities for picnics, volleyball or just relaxing away from the city. Social events include slide shows, special dinners, equipment shows, training sessions, and swap meets.
HTMC members are of all ages, from many places, and have diverse backgrounds. Our common bond is a love of hiking. We share tales of travel and adventures world-wide. We all have a desire to get away from the ordinary and explore the extraordinary; to leave the traffic and noisy crowds behind and seek the splendor and solitude of our mountains, valleys, and beaches.
While most activities are open to the public, there are advantages to joining the Hawaiian Trail and Mountain Club:
- The suggested donation for hikes does not apply to members.
- Members are eligible for members only and members first hikes and other events.
- Members use clubhouse facilities at lower rates.
- Members receive the quarterly schedules, newsletters, and special notices by mail / email.
- Members play an active role in choosing and organizing club activities, including hikes, social functions, and administrative tasks.
- Members support the Club, its goals and programs by maintaining their membership.
- Regular members have the right to vote and to hold office.
- Life Members enjoy the freedom from forgotten annual dues.
To become a member, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Participate in three HTMC sponsored hikes within the 12 months prior to applying for membership (may include up to 2 trail clearings)
- Fill out a membership application and obtain signatures from two active members (such as hike coordinators from the hikes you attend)
- Submit the application with the applicable member
dues and mail to
P.O. Box 2238
Honolulu, HI 96804
- Applications are approved at the HTMC Board of Directors meeting held on the third Wednesday of the month
Annual Dues for new members may be prorated as listed below for the year joining the club. There after annual dues are due in the first quarter of the year.
|Quarter joining club||Individual Member||Additional Family Members*|
*Members living at the same address in a family or partner relationship may pay as follows: One member pays full annual dues and each additional member pays one-half annual dues. Only the member paying full dues receives club mailings. Family members must also qualify for membership and submit a separate application
Note: You may choose to attend more than three hikes before you apply for membership. The hikes allow you to try out the club and our hiking style before you decide on membership.