Saturday, March 23, 2013 at HTMC clubhouse Note: due to illmess, Jim Yuen will not present the morning class. The Triple Treat is now a Double Treat with a Swap Meet and HTMC / Sierra Club Potluck Dinner only.
- noon – 4pm – Swap Meet – hike/camp equipment only. Sell or swap your excess equipment and support HTMC. 10% of sales goes to the club. There will be a Camping Stove demo and perhaps others, too.
- 5pm – 9pm – HTMC / Sierra Club Potluck Dinner. HTMC invites SC members to meet and eat with our members. Bring a pot luck dish to share or contribute $7 to the pot.
HTMC invites you to a Triple Treat on Saturday, March 23, 2013 for a day of learning skills, watching demos, checking out and swapping outdoor gear, and an evening of food and friends, new and old. From noon to 4 pm, we will have a swap meet and demonstrations. Tentative list of demonstrations:
- Camping stoves – ?
- Selecting a tent – Fred Nakaguma
- Knots – Marc Morinaga
- GPS – Steve Davis
- You may bring equipment for a mini show-and-tell
The Swap Meet is restricted to hiking and camping equipment only. No outside commercial vendors allowed. Support HTMC by donating ten percent (10 %) of your sales proceeds to the club treasury.In the evening from 5 pm to 9 pm, HTMC will host the Sierra Club members at the Pot Luck Dinner. Members of both clubs are encouraged to bring a dish to share., or you may contribute $7.00 to the pot to defray the cost of the food. As in past years, we hope you will enjoy the company for friends and trail companions, both old and new, as we look forward to a summer of outdoor adventure.
Click htmc-directions-bw.pdf for directions and map to the clubhouse (pdf)
Click htmc-directions-bw.doc for directions and map to the clubhouse (doc)
For questions or more information, contact:
- jim @ htmclub.org
- barb @ htmclub.org – Potluck Dinner
- steve.davis @ htmclub.org – Swap Meet
- entertainment @ htmclub.org