To renew your membership online, visit our renewal page.
To print a membership renewal form and send it by mail, click here.
HTMC does more than just hike and camp. While HTMC is primarily interested in hiking, clubhouse activities provide the opportunity to meet other members in a social setting. Our Waimanalo Clubhouse is less than a block from the beach. We have facilities for picnics, volleyball or just relaxing away from the city. Social events include slide shows, potluck and special dinners, equipment shows, training sessions, and swap meets. HTMC members are of all ages, from many places, and have diverse backgrounds. Our common bond is a love of hiking. We share tales of travel and adventures worldwide. We all have a desire to get away from the ordinary and explore the extraordinary; to leave the traffic and noisy crowds behind and seek the splendor and solitude of our mountains, valleys, and beaches.
While most activities are open to the public, there are advantages to joining HTMC:
- The suggested donation for hikes does not apply to members.
- Only members can participate in members-only hikes and other events.
- Members enjoy free day use of clubhouse facilities and greatly reduced rates on overnight stays.
- Members play an active role in choosing and organizing club activities, including hikes and social functions.
- Members support the Club, its goals and programs, by maintaining their membership.
- Regular members have the right to vote and to hold office.
- Life Members pay no annual dues.
To become a member, you must
- Be 18 years or older
- Participate in at least three HTMC sponsored hikes within the 12 months prior to applying for membership (this may include up to two trail clearings)
- Fill out a membership application and obtain signatures from two active members (such as hike coordinators from the hikes you attend)
- Submit the application, with the appropriate dues, to HTMC Membership, P.O. Box 2238, Honolulu, HI 96804
- Applications are approved at the HTMC Board of Directors meeting held on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Annual Dues from 2018 are $35 and for new members may be prorated (as listed below) for the first year. Thereafter, annual dues are due no later than March 31. Members renewing (postmarked) by December 31 may pay the reduced rate of $25, although we strongly encourage them to make a further (suggested) contribution of $10 to the HTMC Endowment Fund.
* Includes $25 renewal for next year